- Declining Home Prices! There are unbelievable deals out there!
- Great Selection! Inventory levels are extremely high right now which means buyers have a lot to choose from!
- Low Interest Rates! Rates are at near-record lows!
- $8,000 Federal First Time Homebuyer Tax Rebate!
- $14,000 Georgia Neighborhood Stabilization Program Grant!
- Purchasing a Home is a Great Investment! Real estate is an investment just like stocks, bonds, mutual funds, etc.
While you do have to be a first time home buyer (you qualify if you haven't owned a home in the past 3 years) to claim the $8,000 Federal Tax Credit, you don't have to be a first time home buyer to claim the $14,000 GA NSP Grant.
For more information on these two programs, check out the following links:
Georgia Neighborhood Stabilization Program: http://www.dca.state.ga.us/housing/Homeownership/programs/gadreamnspdownpayment.asp
Federal Housing Tax Credit: